Dr. Ramji Mehrotra is a renowned cardiac surgeon based in Delhi. He is one of the leading names in the field of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery in India. He is presently working as a Principal Director & Chief in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery (CTVS) Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
Highly Qualified Practitioner
Dr. Mehrotra is a highly qualified practitioner having been educated in and associated with very prestigious medical institutions like BHU, AIIMS and Harvard Medical School. His qualifications include: MBBS, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery, Fellowships in Cardiac Surgery.
Dr Ramji Mehrotra is a versatile surgeon. His forte lies in operating CABG on Beating Heart, Total Arterial CABG, Minimal Access Mitral and Aortic Valve repair and replacement.
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Beating Heart CABG,
- Total Arterial CABG
- Minimal Access Mitral Surgery
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Valve repair surgeries.
Dr. Mehrotra is credited to have performed the first successful arterial switch operation in Mumbai, India. He has the credit for setting up the pediatric Cardiac Surgery facility at Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai.
Dr Ramji Mehrotra has performed the first total arterial revascularization and first total arterial revascularization using bilateral mammary arteries at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital. New Delhi. He is also the one to perform a total arterial CABG on the youngest patient in India aged 10 years.
Dr. Mehrotra has presided over and presented many papers in national and international conferences.
- Dr. Mehrotra is admired by all his patients for his dedicated efforts in restoring them to good health. His patients often send personal thank you notes to express their gratitude.
- Neeti Rawat, who is a staff member at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, has said that Dr. Mehrotra has a unique way of caring for his patients and is a unique clinician. She added that his patients are given as less trouble as possible with minimum incisions during the surgery. She called him an “angel in disguise.”
- Vijay Sen, whose mother was treated by Dr Ramji Mehrotra, has said that he has the magical power of healing touch towards the patients. He thanked Dr. Mehrotra for the care, support and motivation given to his mother during her bypass surgery. He said that Dr. Mehrotra used to positively respond to her when she called despite his busy schedule.
- Niharika Verma said that Dr. Mehrotra is a very experienced and skilled surgeon who gave her husband Nishith Verma a new life. She said that the operation was successful and they are thoroughly satisfied by his work.
- Anoop Chitkara said that Dr. Mehrotra is a thorough professional and personally supervises the treatment right from the admission till discharge and post operation follow up. He added that Dr. Mehrotra is an amazing cardiologist and a very skilled heart surgeon.